Innovative Approach to Electronics DesignInnovative Approach to Electronics Design
a. Rounded rectangles
b. Sloped-angle rectangles
c. Finger pads
To set this shape for a pad, select the sloped-angle rectangle icon and specify the corner type in the element properties (rounded or sloped). For rounded corners, specify the bevel radius; for sloped corners, specify the slope value. Use check boxes to select which corners to apply the settings to. For example, the finger pad in the figure above is created by setting the type to rounded and the radius to half the width of the rectangle.
The Design menu now contains the Pad Connect Settings item, which opens the following dialog box:
Click the + button to open an object selector where you can select padstacks or individual pads.
By default (in Determine automatically mode), only rounded and sloped corners can be connection targets on rectangles where the bevel radius is big enough.
There are two ways to edit the netlist for a net: by directly reassigning the net in the properties of a pad or by using the new Netlist item in the parameters editor:
In the Netlist panel, you can remove pads from a net, move them to another net, rename nets, create new nets and remove existing nets. This enables you to edit the netlist directly in TopoR without involving external CAD software.
The following example shows how a net is reassigned for pad D1-A52 in the pad properties:
Clicking the Change link in the Net field opens the Change Net dialog box. Use it to select the net that the pad belongs to.
Version 6.0 was a major overhaul of how the system looked and worked. Version 6.1 continued and built upon the changes introduced in that version.
1. The quality of multilayer routing has improved significantly.2. Automatic placement has been implemented.3. An option to display selected nets (signals, net groups) in a specified color has been added (Nets tab in the visibility control panel).
4. An option to selectively display net lines has been added (Nets tab in the display control panel).
For details, see Display control panel.5. "Staggering" of close-together DRC violations has been implemented.6. The version of the TopoR PCB format has been updated. For details, see the TopoR PCB 1.1.3 format specification on www.eremex.com.
Designs developed in version 6.0 will open with slight data omissions in the current version; scrolling and scale parameters, color and visibility settings will be lost. To make sure all information is preserved, first export from version 6.0 to TopoR PCB format, and then import the result into version 6.1.
Beta testing is over and we are pleased to announce the release of TopoR 5.4.Fixed:- Wire width check in DRC sometimes caused the program to crash.- Signal delay equalization on some multi-branch differential pairs was at times miscalculated.- Pin pairs could were not added on the Bus Search panel.- In some cases, the diff.pair recovery procedure did not work.- Improper processing of copper areas that overlapped and belonged to the same net.- Hyperlinks in tutorial Help ► ‘Hot Keys’and Help ► ‘Specifics of Using the TopoR System’See also the list of the changes introduced in the beta 5.4.14203
1. For the objects grouping a new ability is added: exclude an object from the group by dragging it onto the ”ungrouped” element of the navigation bar.
2. The primitives of fixed components on the mechanical layers are shown with dimmed colors. For the old projects it’s necessary to pick the layer color one more time or choose a color scheme, otherwise the primitives will not be dimmed.
3. When choosing a new color by clicking ”More colors”, the initial color is set to be the current color.
4. Multiple selection for setting the properties of nets and group of nets is added in the Design Properties Editor (Net properties).
5. Changes in Drill- files export. Now the holes with different diameters are written to the same file. Allocation onto files is carried out over a range of layers, and on the basis of metallization.
6. An error during the converting of wires into copper areas, that lead to the program crash, is fixed.
1. A hot key is added — "Z" to pour/unpour the copper area.
2. Highlighting of the selected signal connections is added.
3. The status bar displays information about the selected signals.
4. The status bar displays information about the nets belonging to groups.
5. Fixed data loss of the nets connected to mounting holes when importing from PCAD.
6. The form of pads for export to PCAD is replaced by 'Ellipse' (used to be 'Oval').
7. Fixed diff. pairs attribute errors when exporting to PCAD.
8. Fixed problem with exporting small arcs into PCAD.
1. "Signal" is a new object type introduced for signal transfer.
A signal is a series of wires and (passive) two-terminal elements. The introduction of signals helps provide more accurate baseline data (compared to version 5.2 and earlier) for solving the problems of delay synchronization in transmission lines. The differential signal configuration method has been revised.
2. In the design parameter editor, the user interface for object grouping has been heavily updated.You can now create hierarchical group structures.
3. In the design parameter editor (F4), copying of parameters from another design has been added. Parameters can be copied from .fsx design files and .fst TopoR PCB files.
4. In the topology editor (F7), you can now copy and paste objects (keepouts, coppers, board outlines, parts on mechanical layers, texts, vias).
5. The wire shape optimization algorithm has been improved. The number of DRC violations has been greatly reduced.
6. You can now select nets and layers for wires-to-polygons conversion.
7. Mechanical layers can now be included in placement calculations.
8. Project workflow has been improved:
9. Design files can be opened directly from Windows Explorer.
10. The version of the TopoR PCB file format has changed. For details, see the specification of version 1.1.0 of the TopoR PCB format.
11. To transfer a design developed in version 5.2 to the new version, first export the design in TopoR PCB format using version 5.2, and then import the resulting file using version 5.3.
New Features in TopoR